Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

The childs father was 16, mother 18, the parent of the 16 yr

Customer Question

the childs father was 16, mother 18, the parent of the 16 yr old got visitation, he pays 45 MO FOR SUPPORT, NOW THE FATHER IS 18, THE mother Lives IN ANOTHER COUNTY in Tn , how do we got the case moved to county she lives in, her lawyer stated the other county has juriduction of her child, she will have to have it moved to her county, how does she do this? mother is 20, has custody of child/ father does have visition, this move will change child support plus visitation
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Family Law litigation attorney in Tennessee. I'll be glad to assist.
The mother would have to file a motion to transfer the case in the chancery court where the case currently is. The motion would inform the court that the child has moved to another county and then request that the case be transferred to the new county for convenience of the parties, etc.
The judge will likely grant the transfer unless there is some compelling reason that the case should stay in the current county.