Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

This is a old case !! I was emancupated in the early 80's both

Customer Question

This is a old case !! I was emancupated in the early 80's both parents signed papers. My mom hired an attorney, I went to court saw a judge sat down.
Judge asked me to state my full name, lawyer talked to the judge, I was emancupated in less than 3-5 minutes.
I was never in trouble with the law, my Mom and I never got along.
I'm pretty sure we were in Northern Ca.
From a young age of 7 through the day my mom emancupated me, she was always moving me from my Dad's to all her friends. I have been trying to find my emancipation paper, with no luck.
I want a copy for myself and show my children who are all grown.
I am 52 years old, I really want to see this paper I had to carry with me until I reached the age of 18.
If you could help me and point me in the right direction to obtain this legal documentation, I would really appreciate your help. Unfortunately, I cannot afford a attorney.
Sincerely,
***** *****er
My phone is(###) ###-####
DOB 8-18-1963
Maiden name, Kelly ***** *****
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.
For clarification, are you asking how you would go about finding the information yourself, or are asking for an attorney here to find it for you?