Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I gave my puppy up to a rescue mission about 3 or less weeks ago. She

Customer Question

I gave my puppy up to a rescue mission about 3 or less weeks ago. She was clean & I thought she was being fostered and when I got back my pain medication which allows me to have a better life. When I called the woman who hooked me up with the shelter she told me she washed all her blankies and other things I had my scent on I started crying because I knew then I had misunderstood the action that they were never going to give her back I am still paying off the last 1 thousand dollars I owe for my baby which the Pet store sold me a sick pup I am ill & bought her for an emotional support pet. This happened while my sister found out she had stage 4 bone and lung cancer. So I already suffer mental illness due to family issues. I cry every day for the mistaken adoption v.s. foster care. I need to know if I have a right to get her back, no matter what I said or signed. my signature is worthless when I am sick.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
I am very sorry to hear that you find yourself in this situation. As a dog owner myself I truly sympathize. I must ask this, however--are you looking for an honest answer from us as for your options and chances, or only how to get her back, as the answers here may differ. What I wish to know is about your own expectations here, so that before I provide you with a response I am sure that you are able to accept the information for what it is, and not blame the messenger. Please advise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have another email on my desk computer you should send answers there an try my laptop as well but I am not sure the cathylhildreth1 will go to me on this laptop,please send information***@******.*** I think I want to know if I have rights to get her back for I have a pet support letter from my doctor, this way I can take her into any place I go. I was in such a desperate mood and she was just beginning to act well she was sick from the day I bought her I still owe 840.00 to Pet Land in store credit card she had undeveloped lungs with Kennel cough as well, she is on my desk computer in my screensaver I swear I did not really understand the emotional mess I got myself into. If they keep her shouldn't they pay off the credit in store card ? you know I want to know if I can get her back like in this state of KS if you give up your kids you have 6 mos to change your mind so what about Pedigree puppy when I had so many health issues when the cancer takes my baby sister I will be all alone...I want my baby back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think they took advantage of me for I looked sick
I am sorry but as I really see little chance of having you be able to get this puppy back, I will go ahead and opt out to open this question to others. Because I believe that this is the only answer you are looking for, and one I do not see as being very likely, I have no choice but to opt out. Perhaps a different professional will have a different take on this situation. Please be well and good luck to you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should I make them pay for her which was a trick done by the store if I had known she was i thousand bucks more I would have disputed the entire amount which I won my dispute for the 840 plus then some person stole my credit card info and from Jan 5 to the 16th unknown strangers ran up close to 2 thousand illegal charges for food delivery & those silly games 4 states 4 people just after my dispute was successful...it took months to get my funds back it brought down my credit score
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will opt out considering there is nothing I can do but know that for 6 mos. I saved the life of a lovable puppy