Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
17897874

Ex husband and I have a parenting plan in place that states

Customer Question

Ex husband and I have a parenting plan in place that states he must let me know of his summer plans (2 weeks in summer) by April 1st or I get first choice. I didn't hear from him by that day (I even waited until the 5th),so I sent an email stating that I was picking my 2 weeks. Still didn't hear back,so I sent another email about a week later..nothing! It is now May 14th and I haven't heard anything. .
Does this mean that he loses the 2 weeks,because he isn't responding to emails? What happens if he takes the girls for his weekend and then decides to send an email stating hemail is keeping them for 2 weeks?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
From my read, he has not lost his 2 weeks. His failure to inform allows you first choice.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
If he tries to keep the girls after his weekend you can call the police and retrieve them. He still has to inform you of his plan ahead of time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought so,but I just wanted to make sure
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Did you have any further questions?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Have I answered your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually do. We each are responsible for day to day decisions when the kids are with us. One of the girls brought home a form for a human security class. Would you consider this a day to day decision or a school decision that should involve the other parent?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
What is a human security class?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sexuality..sorry!
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
School permissions are day to day and he should be informed and involved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I thought so and wanted to make sure I ran it by him first. That is all the questions I have
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome. If you have no further questions, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.