Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I live in the District of Columbia. My daughter was taken

Customer Question

I live in the District of Columbia. My daughter was taken by a CPS agent between 6-7pm. I did not receive a call from a CPS agent. Instead I received a call from the Community Center where my daughter was finishing a class for the night. They gave me numbers to call. I called them and they confirmed they had my daughter due to allegations presented. They did not tell me by who or when. They arrive to my home. I let them in. They told me I had no choice when they informed me they would also take my son Max, who is 8. My son was scared but he went. It is now 11:10pm and no one has called me back. I feel this is all wrong in so many ways. I started to google parent rights in relation to CPS and the superficial reading has generated tremendous anxiety bcs I feel CPS did not have the right to take my kids from me. I am looking for answers and potentially a lawyer to help me advocate for myself and children.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
I am sorry to hear that you find yourself in this situation. On what grounds was the child taken away, what was the basis?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was not informed.
Thank you for your follow-up. How can I help? Please be advised that I cannot act as counsel for you but I can try to answer your questions if you have any. Please advise.