Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Thank-you honest and straight forward. What do I

Customer Question

Thank-you for being honest and straight forward. What do I do for other questions.? Our situation brings up several what ifs and I always get the run around. second question? I am his medical and durable poa and we are divorced but I can be execute his
will and living will. because of illness this will be an difficult time for our children and he has specific wishes not to prolong life. we were married for 25 years he felt this way prior to the onset of Parkinson's. third obviously he gets mad sometimes
and says he wont take my help but bot***** *****ne he still needs an advocate and my kids are young adults and do not always understand. other times he has no issues with my help. my only issue is the sexual obsession which is just with me.he also has an obesstion
with auctions which both are normally inhanced by Parkinson meds
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your new question. I look forward to working with you again for educational purposes only.
You can legally remain his PoA and Executor, but he has to reconfirm you as PoA and Executor after the divorce. If he has done so after the divorce, then you are able to still remain in those positions. If he has not done so, you need to get him to issue a new PoA after the divorce and attach a codicil (amendment) to the will stating that he intends you to remain executor after the divorce and sign it in presence of a notary and 2 witnesses.