Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have A teen who at the time of called CPS on me in January

Customer Question

I have A teen who at the time of called CPS on me in January for holding her down from attacking me because she didn't want to go to school. The first case worker took pictures and gave me a guide line and nothing for a month case closed. One months later a new case worker shows up saying the previous worker went of vacation. Since the second case worker my child behavior got worse stealing my car , violent outbursts etc. I told the second case worker something is wrong with my child and I need help on programs for her. She takes pics and talks to the supervisor tells me to follow these guidelines left never gave me anything. She came back says she was closing the case and did I still need the help. I found out afterwards that my child is bipolar and adhd so now I receiving help on my own.She says she was closing the case. My child just got another visit from CPS stating the previous case worker quit. Im at my wits end the incident has been 5 months past. I've received no help only harassment by now. What can I do about this?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: Contact CPS and ask to speak to the Director and tell the Director your concerns and that you still need help with your daughter. Something must be going on in that department for you to get three different case workers. It does not make things easier when you have to keep rehashing what happened and the help that you need is to nowhere to be found.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You misunderstand. I've already complied with them twice. First worker first worker guidelines on my behalf. First worker teen was still very troubled. The first worker went for vacation for over a month then they gave me a new worker with new guidelines ( Early January was this incident). The second worker gave me a list I was already doing for my troubled teen at this time(Middle Feburary). Still followed them, She came back and checked again even questioned my leasing office!!!!She also was one the phone with her supervisor several times(End of Febuary). She also sent another case worker to my home to close the case a month after( Middle March). I had found out on my own no help from them or anyone for that matter.She is doing extremely well now with no help from them. She told me yesterday May 12. She was pulled out of class and question by CPS again because they worker quit. I looked at her and said but that case was closed why are they questioning you.She shrugged her shoulders and said they told her that the previous woker had quit This is now a 5 month old case which should of been closed. To me this is harassment. I've complied twice and went above and beyond to help my child. They are not helping nor have ever helped. This is not my problem that they quit. I've done everything they asked and more. I want them to stop. What can I do?
Thank you for the clarification.
You still need to speak with the Director. They cannot close the case on the one hand, but on the other hand interview your daughter. You need to speak with the Director to put a stop to this since you have complied with everything that they have told you to do and your daughter is doing much better. If you get runaround, you can file complaint with the office of your State Representative.