Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
18210975

Greetings, I have been caregiver Mom the past 6.5 years

Customer Question

Greetings, I have been caregiver for my Mom the past 6.5 years and she was recently put into a care facility (8 days ago) by my sisters. I am listed as POA on the will as is one of my sisters.
My mom is very unhappy, I cannot see her and she wants to come home. I would like to
stay home and care for my mom. Can I go in and pick her up or what options are available
to me. This seem cruel to my Mom and me. I knew they were considering it and I thought it would be a good thing to try. But my Mom will not eat or socialize at the facility. I am
disappointed in myself for going along with it. Do I have any options?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today. If you are listed on the POA, and that POA was accepted by the facility to put your mother into the facility, then you can also use it to get her out of the facility. :) I hope this helps! If you valued my time, I'd love a positive review. I'll be happy to follow up until you're completely satisfied. Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was not the POA that put her into the facility, it was my sister the other POA. Any options?
I understand that. However, if you are both on the document, you both have equal rights to make decisions for her. If you're on that POA, and it was accepted by the facility, you should be able to get her out with it as well. Michael
Anything else I can assist with?