Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

I have a parent that has had a stroke that is staying with

Customer Question

I have a parent that has had a stroke that is staying with a sibling of mine. The husband of the sibling is denying me access to a house they all cohabitant. I want to know if there is a way I can get access to my mother.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I am sorry to hear of this matter. Why is the husband prohibiting you visits? What does your sibling say about this?Does anyone have a Power of Attorney or Guardianship of your parent?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He says I am not pleasant to be around and aleges I am drunk all day and or are doing drugs.... These are very untrue statements I can asure and prove to any one... There was allot of back and forth... I offered to take tests and he still refused. I can't say enough how untrue what he is saying is. My fear is he has alternative motives that are financially motivated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My sister will not talk to me and says she does not want to get into the middle of it. My mother wants to see me but is cautious to go against the people that care for her now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my sister has power of attorney
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank youYou will need to go to file for an Order of Visitation in the Superior Court in the county where they live. But at this juncture you will need a court order to enter the home since your sister is fearful that her husband will get angry if she allows you in. It is sad that she is going against the wishes of your Mother as your Mother trusted your sister to do the right thing in her best interests when she gave her the honor and privilege of being POAI suggest that to file for the Order of Visitation, you will want to consider the help of a local attorney to ensure it is done accurately and efficiently A local attorney can help to get you an emergency visitation order since your Mother is ill.