Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I m dealing with DCFS and I m filing my opening brief in appealate

Customer Question

I m dealing with DCFS and I m filing my opening brief in appealate court trying to stop my rights from being terminated so they can't adopt my daughter out now the attorney they gave me filed a brief already but I question is can I had information to this opening brief and where do I start
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation.
1) You state: "the attorney they gave me filed a brief already..."
Do you mean DCFS's attorney gave you a copy of the brief that they filed with the Court?
AND
2) You state: "but I question is can I had information to this opening brief and where do I start"
I am sorry, I do not quite understand this. Can you rephrase the question, please?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.