Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Good morning, this is my fiance situation who got divorse

Customer Question

Hello good morning, this is my fiance situation who got divorse almost 4 years ago getting out of the out just with his clothing and car, event gave out his right on her 401K that had a very good and surpringly amount he never knew was acumulated due to the persentage take out from her part and never told him about even thou he had asked many time before the divorse. He didn't get a lawyer at the time, (she did), what comes to up to today that his name is ***** ***** the property paper and the mortage. She stoped paying the house and even moved out this past winter thinking the bank will get her out. She still have a lawyer, my fiance doesn't know what exactly is going on, she doesn't give much information when he asks her about it. What would he needs to do to get out of it completely or to forse her to get him out of it. After their divorse she married withing a year and divorse, and withing another year she got married again and happily living with his new husband. HOW CAN HE GET OUT OF THAT SITUATION TRYING TO SAVE HIS CREDICT TO GO WRONG OR WORSE BECAUSE OF THAT SITUATION.? PLEASE HELP. THANKS
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello good morning, this is my fiance situation who got divorse almost 4 years ago getting out of the out just with his clothing and car, event gave out his right on her 401K that had a very good and surpringly amount he never knew was acumulated due to the persentage take out from her part and never told him about even thou he had asked many time before the divorse. He didn't get a lawHello good morning, this is my fiance situation who got divorse almost 4 years ago getting out of the out just with his clothing and car, event gave out his right on her 401K that had a very good and surpringly amount he never knew was acumulated due to the persentage take out from her part and never told him about even thou he had asked many time before the divorse. He didn't get a lawyer at the time, (she did), what comes to up to today that his name is ***** ***** the prope...rty paper and the mortage. She stoped paying the house and even moved out this past winter thinking the bank will get her out. She still have a lawyer, my fiance doesn't know what exactly is going on, she doesn't give much information when he asks her about it. What would he needs to do to get out of it completely or to forse her to get him out of it. After their divorse she married withing a year and divorse, and withing another year she got married again and happily living with his new husband. HOW CAN HE GET OUT OF THAT SITUATION TRYING TO SAVE HIS CREDICT TO GO WRONG OR WORSE BECAUSE OF THAT SITUATION.? PLEASE HELP. THANKS
We have plans to marry and buy a house, but of couse this is holding us to buy a house. THANKS SO MUCH
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your fiance's difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:
Does the divorce decree require that his ex sell the property if she is unable to make payments or require her to refinance the mortgage? If not, what does the decree provide for regarding the property?
I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would have to ask him. I know she tried to refinance last year and she couldn't. I will get more information about it and get back to you. thanks. have a good day.
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you. I'll wait for your reply. You have a wonderful day too!