Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I had my final divorce court day back in October and we came

Customer Question

I had my final divorce court day back in October and we came to an agreement and signed everything. Agreed on what child support would be and what I would pay on past due a month. I have been doing this since through my employer. I get notice of intent in the mail today from Healthcare and family services. She already takes almost 60% of my pay. What does this mean? What do I need to do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: Extracted from the web site of Illinois Child Support Services:
http://childsupportillinois.com/customers/faq.html#notice
"If you received the Notice of Intent to Pursue Collection Remedies and agree that your child support case or cases are delinquent in the amounts indicated in Section 5 of the notice, you must submit payment by the date indicated in Section 1 to avoid interception of your tax refund and to prevent other enforcement actions. Complete and mail the payment authorization form printed on the last page of the notice when remitting your payment. Your payment should be sent to the address listed on the payment authorization form. Payments can be made with your Discover, Visa or MasterCard credit card by calling 1-***-***-**** or online Credit Card payment on the e-childsPay.com - The Child Support Payment Center Web site.
If you do not agree with the finding in the notice, you must request a redetermination of your case or cases within 15 days from the date on the notice to avoid interception of your tax refund, and to prevent other enforcement actions. Follow the instructions in Section 4 of the notice and submit the notice and documentation that supports your position in an envelope marked "confidential tax protest," to the address at the top of the notice. Please read your notice carefully.
Only certain documents will be accepted as payment instruments or records:
For judicial orders, send circuit court records. If all of your payments are not included on the circuit court records, but were mailed to the State Disbursement Unit or HFS, we will have a record of those payments. If payments were made through the State Disbursement Unit, please mark the appropriate box on your notice of intent to pursue collection remedies. If partial payments were made through the State Disbursement Unit, please be sure that you have also included circuit clerk ledgers with your protest.
If payments were made on an administrative order, we will have records of those payments."