Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I AM BEING TOLD I HAVE TO GET AN ATTORNEY IN EL PASO TX SINCE MY EXWIF

Customer Question

I AM BEING TOLD I HAVE TO GET AN ATTORNEY IN EL PASO TX SINCE MY EXWIFE DIVORCED AND DID ABOUT OUR DAUGHTER IN EL PASO, IS THIS TRUE. AND IAM BEING TOLD I CANNOT GET MY DAUGHTER FOR OUR SUMMER VISITATION BECAUSE HER FAMILY ARE GETTING INVOLVED. SHE HAS MOVED AND CHANGED PHONE NUMBERS AND DOESNT TELL ME. I HAVE TO GET MY MOM INVOLVED SO I CAN BE ABLE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH MY DAUGHTER. I DO PAY CHILD SUPPORT .I LIVE IN TEMPLE TX AND THEY LIVE IN EL PASO TX AND STILL ARE TRYING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE FROM TALKING OR SEEING ME.THIS IS AN ON GOING BATTLE FOR OVER 3 YEARS NOW . LAST YEAR SHE NEEDED TIME FOR HERSELF AND LET MY DAUGHTER COME LIVE WITH ME AND GO TO SCHOOL HERE FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS AND I NEVER KEPT HER FROM TALKING TO OUR DAUGHTER WHO NOW IS 7 YEARS OLD. SHE IS STARTING TO UNDERSTAND MORE AND I DONT WANT HER TO HAVE TO BE IN THE MIDDLE OF ALL THIS ARGUING
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
You do not have to get an Attorney in El Paso. However, it is preferable for you to get a local Attorney because if the Attorney is not local, not in El Paso, the Attorney would most likely charge you for travel to the Courthouse in El Paso.
You can use the following site to find local Attorneys who handle custody and visitation issues:
http://www.lawyers.com
http://www.justia.com