Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband wants to start over with a new life after 9.5 years

Customer Question

My husband wants to start over with a new life after 9.5 years of marriage. I just found out on April 13 after he came in at 3:45 am. on April 10th. he now wants to leave our marriage, he knows he will be getting a large settlement. He has a part time job and cannot afford to move out.  My name is ***** ***** case document and they will be settling real soon that is when he plans on leaving. Do I get 1/2 of the settlement or get what he wants to hand out.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am very sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:
What type of case is involved? Are you a plaintiff in the matter?
I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.