Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I need some serious help and need to know where to turn. I

Customer Question

I need some serious help and need to know where to turn. I have been accused of having inappropriate contact with my girlfriends nieces from the father. The situation has escalated and I am trying to stay as far away from these children as possible as not to create any further suspicion. I have never even been alone with these children, but I am wondering how I can protect myself. Is a protective order possible to get? I do not want to be impugned in such an allegation.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wanted to correct my poorly written question. My girlfriends nieces have come over to our house on occasion. The father, when coming to pick the children up, claims that he witnessed me having inappropriate contact with them and also keeping secrets with them. There was nothing even close to being inappropriate in my interaction with the children. The accusation has developed into quite a dispute causing serious issues now within the family. I have tried to work things out, but at this point fear that having any contact with the children could be detrimental to my well being. Even in my own house.. I have asked that he not bring them over. I need to protect myself as to not be even involved in such an irresponsible alligation that could seriously jepordize my career in real estate and with in the community. Can I get some sort of a protection order, or something similar to protect me from being in contact with his children? Please help.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
If I may ask, have you been investigated by anyone at this point, such as local law enforcement or Child Protective Services? To whom is the father making such allegations?