Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My name is***** my case is out of Alaska, that

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** my case is out of Alaska, that is where my child and his mother are living. I lived in Seattle for about 10 years and CSSD had my parents address in Seattle and all correspondence was forwarded to me from that address. I moved to California for 2 years and now I live in Nevada. My income has been about the same or lower for the last 10 years. I have been over charged many times by CSSD, this time has been raised from $267 a month plus back support equaling($337) in 2013, to $453 plus back support equaling($666). I finally got a hold of them and now they say the are sending forms to request an adjustment. They said they sent me paperwork on the increase and I did not respond, they also said the increase was based off my income and the PFD (permanent fund dividend). I do not receive the PFD because I do not live in Alaska and they know I do not live in Alaska and they still charged me. What can I do? I need to get the payments back down to $337 or lower and how can they add in the PFD as a part of my income?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You asked CSSD for a modification of support, did you send them proof you no longer get PFD? Also, has CSSD ruled on your request for modification?