Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

There... If my sons mother moved from the jurisdiction

Customer Question

Hello there... If my sons mother moved from the jurisdiction she was living in, but uses the same address to keep my son in the same school. Is that against the law.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Yes, if the child is not living in the school jurisdiction and is falsifying the address, then this is considered fraud and as such it is grounds for her to be charged with fraud and also she can be made to pay the costs to the school board for educating the out of district child.

You need to report it to the school board with your evidence for them to investigate.