mkc1959
mkc1959, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney with 26 years of experience.
55483656

In 1998 my x wife and I did our own divorce paperwork and agreed

Customer Question

in 1998 my x wife and I did our own divorce paperwork and agreed that when our twin boys were 18 years old that I would receive twenty thousand dollars equity in the house that I signed a quit deed to
I have been very kind to her because of her hard times now she has no more hard times now I do my question is,is there a statue of limitation on a unfillfilled divorce agreement
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mkc1959 replied 2 years ago.
The agreement for you to receive the $20,000 is governed by the statute of limitations for contracts.
In Arizona an oral contract has a statute of limitations of 3 years.
A written contract has a statute of limitations of 6 years.
The applicable statute of limitations would begin to run when the youngest child reached 18 years of age.
If the divorce paperwork contains a written agreement for the $20,000 then the statute of limitations would be the 6 year statute.
Please let me know if you have additional questions. I want to fully answer your question so that I may be paid.