Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am located in Lee County, Florida.The father of my 3 kids

Customer Question

I am located in Lee County, Florida.The father of my 3 kids (we never married) recently filed a motion to establish paternity and other related relief. Kids live with me. He is on the 2 oldest birth certificates, but not the baby. I have been served with the motion and it includes a standing temporary order that includes parenting. My question is fo I have to let him see the kids before a final order on parental time sharing? We have a history of domestic violence. He is a felon, and recently beat our oldest up in front of younger kids back in March. He has asked for weekends, birthdays and holidays. But he has been calling and texting me when I have told him to stop, following me and showing up at my house when I told him not to come here. He is doing this almost every day the past week and he called DCF on me and made false allegations. I can't really afford a attorney right now, but I think I can handle the paperwork filing motions. With standing temporary order (see pic) , do I have to communicate with him or let him see them?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:
I can't see the temporary order. Does it indicate that the father is to receive visitation of any of the children?
I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.