Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

RE: FL-150 and FL-160(california) Case is a Default w/

Customer Question

RE: FL-150 and FL-160(california) Case is a Default w/ Agreement. was told that we need to submit aforementioned forms even though division of property and child support is explained in agreement. how do we proceed ?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry, I do not fully understand your question perhaps. The income and expense declaration and the property declaration must be filed in all divorce cases, even when you have a settlement/division of property explained in the agreement. The forms are a mandatory requirement to be filed in every divorce because that is what the courts go by to make sure that the agreement is not unconscionable and support agreements are proper.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do both petitioner and respondent need to feel out their own forms? is there an "easy" way to fill out form 160 if we have everything divided?
Thank you for your reply
You can fill it out one form, not by each party. The 160 is filled out and signed by both parties and it can state that each party has in their possession the community property that they were entitled to as specified in their agreement and neither party has any further claims to any other community property.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok.. ill have to study and review the forms
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Thank you for your reply.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback if you have not done so already. Thank you.