P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
11181181

My stepson and his wife are going thru a divorcee and he was serived with a domestic viol

Customer Question

My stepson and his wife are going thru a divorcee and he was serived with a domestic violence protective order a few weeks ago and she has contacted him via text message, and like a dummy he responds back, (she was texting him tring to get back together), but now that he still don't want to get back together she has now added me and my wife into a new statement that she has been harrassed by phone and text from us. What action can we take for falsely accusing us?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am sorry for this dilemma.
If she is lying about you, and those lies are harmful to your reputation? You can sue her for defamation. Under civil law, defamation is defined as a false statement of fact that harms the reputation of the victim. So if your goal is to take legal action, you can hire an attorney and file a defamation case against her.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.