FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

Do I still have to attend court if my paternity test came back

Customer Question

Do I still have to attend court if my paternity test came back and the child is not mines?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. I certainly understand your concern. What was the basis for which you were taken to court? Did the mother try and go after you for child support?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Thank you for the reply. Yes, you still want to go back to court if there is a hearing date set. The reason why I say this is because you want to get a court order, signed by the Judge, that has legal effect, stating that you ARE NOT the father of the child. This way, the mother does not try and come after you again at a later time for support or anything related to the child and if she does, you can present the court documents showing you are not the father and not responsible and the matter will be dismissed.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!