Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My soon-to-be ex wife and I are going through a divorce and

Customer Question

My soon-to-be ex wife and I are going through a divorce and have a decree written up which is not signed yet. We have a written agreement in email to my lawyer about which days we have custody of our son. Tonight is my agreed upon night to have my son. However she decided to pick our son up from daycare early and take him to her parents and is refusing to let me take him home with me, even though it's my night in writing. Can she legally do this?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
Unfortunately, legally she can. You have no court order, the attorney has not drafted you agreement for signature. So other than your word there are no ties that bind.
Please note that I can only answer what you ask. If you have other questions, please let me know.
Otherwise, I would appreciate a positive rating here as that is how i get credit for my time and information
Thank you