ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

My baby mother is wanting to sign over her rights to me and

Customer Question

my baby mother is wanting to sign over her rights to me and give me full custody, How do we go about this?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. Can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oklahoma
Thank you. One moment please...
In Oklahoma, a relinquishment has to be in writing and in front of a judge (see Oklahoma statute 10-7503-2.3). There's not a specific form for this, although the following acknowledgement could be used as "estoppel" against her should she try to reneg and get custody in the future: http://www.uslegalforms.com/us/US-00876BG.htm But a true relinquishment would require a court motion and order by a judge stating as such. This is a pretty complicated area of law, with a number of "traps" that could trip you up. That being said, you need to contact an attorney in your area that deals with custody / relinquishment cases. Go to www.lawyers.com or www.legalmatch.com to find an attorney in your area. You should be able to find one that will give you a free initial consultation and better advise you of your rights, any problems with your case, likelihood of success, how courts are treating cases such as yours in your area, and what you should do next. Now it's possible that you could go to a local law library and they might have the forms necessary to do this on your own. But it would be a pretty big learning curve, and unless you want to spend many hours learning how to bring a case in court in the first place, it would be better to get an attorney to handle the matter. Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?