Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Cps were called to my home in september> after a month the

Customer Question

Cps were called to my home in september> after a month the case was unfounded and closed. They got a government agency involved for a year. Do i have to let them in my home? I live in Queens NY
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Legally, you do not have to allow them into your home without a search warrant. However, exercising that right can cause CPS to turn around and claim to the police that there is a danger to the child and then they would have a legal right to enter without a warrant. CPS, you must know, is the most negligent, incompetent and abusive agency you will ever deal with. Their social workers will lie or fabricate evidence to achieve whatever outcome they want to achieve. The best way to protect yourself is to engage a local attorney to deal with CPS on your behalf. Once an attorney is involved, the social workers are now more cautious regarding their conduct and misrepresentations, as there is a court officer involved who can take them to court. However, legally you have a right to be free of unwanted intrusion to your home without a warrant as long as you did not sign any agreements with them to allow inspections.