How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 115462
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Cps were called to my home in september> after a month the

Customer Question

Cps were called to my home in september> after a month the case was unfounded and closed. They got a government agency involved for a year. Do i have to let them in my home? I live in Queens NY
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Legally, you do not have to allow them into your home without a search warrant. However, exercising that right can cause CPS to turn around and claim to the police that there is a danger to the child and then they would have a legal right to enter without a warrant. CPS, you must know, is the most negligent, incompetent and abusive agency you will ever deal with. Their social workers will lie or fabricate evidence to achieve whatever outcome they want to achieve. The best way to protect yourself is to engage a local attorney to deal with CPS on your behalf. Once an attorney is involved, the social workers are now more cautious regarding their conduct and misrepresentations, as there is a court officer involved who can take them to court. However, legally you have a right to be free of unwanted intrusion to your home without a warrant as long as you did not sign any agreements with them to allow inspections.