Steven  K.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
44472555

My ex girlfriend is filing to increase her child support and

Customer Question

my ex girlfriend is filing to increase her child support and I have since been married for 10 years and have 2 kids with my wife, will the child support get increased if I have more expenses with my wife and 2 kids
Submitted: 1 year ago via ChildSupportLaws.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Steven K. replied 1 year ago.
If your income has increased, then child support will increase. Sometimes you can make deductions for child support actually paid for older children, but you do not get deductions in Illinois based on the children you have after the children who are the subject of the child support order. If you only have one child with your ex-girlfriend, the child support will be 20% of your net income. Net income is the total of all income from all sources, minus the following deductions:Federal income tax;State income tax;Social Security (FICA);Mandatory retirement contributions;Union dues;Dependent and individual health/hospitalization insurance premiums;Prior obligations of support or maintenance actually paid pursuant to a court order or administrative order;Expenses to repay debts that represent reasonable and necessary expenses for the production of income;Medical expenses necessary to preserve life or health; andReasonable expenses for the benefit of the child and the other parent, exclusive of gifts.
Expert:  Steven K. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any other questions?