Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Maternal Grandparents got emergency order to remove 2 of my

Customer Question

Maternal Grandparents got emergency order to remove 2 of my children from me. The mother and I do not have custody established. They lied in court saying they lived locally, but instead, they lived in another state, Texas. Only proof was mother's testimony and a picture of a cabinet frame I built but had since made it into a cabinet. They knew the judge and got my kids. They then dismissed the case here in Oklahoma and mother opened a custody case in Texas the same day. I opened a case, but it was filed after theirs so it was put in stay. The case in Texas was dismissed due to jurisdiction in Oklahoma. Since then, they have hidden my children from me, my youngest was born and given to a non-relative when he was 9 days old and mother has lost parental rights. 2 people, not willing to testify, said my 6 y/o son is being beaten and has bruises and the woman who has my youngest son has now filed for conservatorship. I just recently found out where the maternal grandparents who have 2 of my children live. I reported this to abuse hotline, CPS is checking on it now. Police told me where they live. Case that was in stay is now in appeal. The judge was removed from the bench in children's court. Please, please help me! I want to raise my children. They have been hidden from me for almost 2 years.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Regrettably, this case cannot be handled here as we do no represent anyone on this site. You need a local Oklahoma Attorney who handles CPS/DHS cases to assist you in navigating the Court system. First, the Attorney should file Emergency Motion for Custody to get you temporary custody of the children while the rest of the issues are going through the Court system. You should use the following sites to find local Attorney who handles CPS/DHS issues: lawyers.com and justia.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So an attorney in Oklahoma can file an emergency motion for custody for my children in Texas with the children being in Texas a little over 2 years and my youngest son born there, but conceived in Oklahoma?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh and thank you for your help
If you are still in Oklahoma, custody case can still be filed in Oklahoma for two of the children that were removed from Oklahoma under false pretenses. For the kid that was born in Texas, the custody case must be filed in Texas.