Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

Where does one look up public records County, CA

Customer Question

where does one look up public records for Orange County, CA Family Court?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardSo as not to repeat your efforts, please tell me what you have done in this search ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see that on the following website one can access a case by looking at the following link: http://www.occourts.org/online-services/case-access/If looking at a family law case then i can see i need to click on "family law" and enter a case number. Is there one can order a copy of the actual filed document from? I see that if i enter a case number ***** website gives the option to order a copy of the document by mail. So the FL150 income and expense declaration is a public document then as well and can be ordered via this process by anyone?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello Yes. That is all correct and that is the website I would direct you to. Or you can contact the clerk of the court and see if you can pick it up or pay to have it copied and mailed to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A bit surprised that personal financial information is made public like this though. Do all divorces (mediated or litigated) require that the FL150 (income and expense) be made public?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloA party can make a motion to have any or all the records sealed from public view.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can this be done after the records have been filed already with the court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To rephrase my question, I imagine the sealing has to be done either concurrently with filing of the documents OR after document is filed OR once the case is closed (comes to a conclusion). Which options are possible? thank you
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThe Motion to Seal records is made after they have been filed and during the hearing. I suggest you view this link for the Rules of the court
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
This link will bring you to form FL 316
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for some reason the system will not let me close out the question by click on rating and on submit..
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. You can try now, please.