FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

Looking up chide support law in state of Louisiana

Customer Question

Looking up child support law in state of Louisiana when do it end

Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. 18 years of age but it may continue if the child is a full-time student in secondary school or its equivalent, has not reached age 19, and is dependent upon either parent. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was not order to pay child support by court or anything been doing on my on, daughter is going college can I give money to her now instead or mom and she is also working she graduat 5/17

If she is still a minor, the support should be given to the mother. Once she turns 18, it is at your discretion to still pay it and you could give it to her, voluntarily.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!