FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I am receiving a court ordered spousal support check once a

Customer Question

I am receiving a court ordered spousal support check once a month for the amount of $225.00 . My husband is not sending it and is getting mean about sending it. i am trying to find out what i can do about it and also when we went to court for this I had questions and was told, well to put it this way to be quiet. i just let it go at the time hoping things would change but time passed and i did nothing . well now I need help and can not get it.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need to look to the time when i can not work any more. i am going to whine now. When we went to court. My husband lied to the court. My lawer did her thing and was told to sit down. The judge didn't let her say anything. I know it was ten Years ago but he walked off with over one hunder thousand dollars and 31 years of my life. he lives with his girlfrend and goes on trips camping and other stuff all i a can do is work. If I don't work I have less than eight to live on. Before we even got to court i was told i was not going to get anything because of the judge.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If your husband is not sending the check, you can take him back to court and seek to hold him in contempt. The reason why I say this is because this was a court order and he has failed to comply. He would need to appear and explain to the Judge why he has failed to send the support when do and if he does not have a valid reason, the Judge can take action against him.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not pay for a lawyer. As for my husband I should get nothing. to tell the truth I tend to be afarid of him.
Thank you for the additional information. If you are unable to retain counsel, you can go to the clerk of court and see if they have the forms for you to fill out and file, to handle this on your own. Also, with contempt hearings, if he is found to be in violation of the order, the Judge may order that he pay your attorney fees as well, if you did incur one or find an attorney to take the case and wait on getting paid, until this is resolved Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will go to the court house next week and do what you said . Thank you. every one I have talked to said I was between a rock and a hard place and nothing could be done.
You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help prior to leaving, so I can get credit for my answer. Thank you again.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I WILL GO TO THE COURTHOUSE AND SEE WHAT I CAN DO. IF NOT WELL I HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE. THANK YOU. ***** HELPED.
You are welcome. If you have not already, please rate my help at this time, prior to leaving, so I can get credit fore my efforts. Thank you again.