Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My son is trying to look in to getting visitation once his

Customer Question

My son is trying to look in to getting visitation once his son is born in June. He is a convicted felon, arrested at 19 and incarcerated at 21 due to probation violations. He was released from prison in Nov. 2012 and has not been in any trouble since then. He has a stable job and he lives with his parents (my husband and I, neither of us have ever been in trouble with the law, my husband is a mail carrier and we own our own home). The child's mother is telling his he has no rights due to his past history. What rights DOES he have (we live in Ohio).
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.Has he ever been to court to establish paternity, set child support, get visitation rights, etc.?