Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

What can I do ? I hired an attorney almost 3 yrs ago .I have

Customer Question

what can I do ? I hired an attorney almost 3 yrs ago .I have given him all info re assets . there were 2 depositions scheduled that husband never showed up for ..a request to be heard infront ojudge was supposed to be filed by my attorney back in February. this still has not been done ... my attorney is failing to do the job I have paid him to do. what can I do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Are you in NYC or out in the State? There may be different complaint procedures for NYC.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rochester, New York 14626
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Unless your divorce case is extremely complicated bythe type of assets, valuations, business interests, etc., it should of been over in less than 3 years. You would be justified in asking the attorney to withdraw and refund part of your retainer. If you cannot resolve the issue with him/her. Then you can should file a formal grievance with the attorney grievance committee of the New York Bar. The contact information for your judicial district is:
Grievance Committee for the Seventh Judicial District
Attorney Grievance Committee ***** Suite 404
Rochester, NY###-##-####(###) ###-####
Fax:(###) ###-####
I hope that this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. That is the only way I will be compensated for assisting you. I will be happy to answer follow-up questions which relate to this one. Also, since we are not acting as your attorney be sure to confirm our information with a local attorney. Thanks for choosing JUST ANSWER.