Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My abusive husband turned off the utilities in my house. They

Customer Question

My abusive husband turned off the utilities in my house. They are in his man me and I have been paying them for a year. I also have a 4 year old.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: You need to file Ex parte Motion (Emergency Motion without notice to him) to force him to turn the utilities back on. You should also get a Restraining Order because this is financial abuse. This is a way for him to try to hurt you and the kid.
The forms for filing the Motion and Restraining Order are available at the Courthouse in the Clerk's Office.