Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Our separation agreement kept on getting rejected for "defective child

Customer Question

Our separation agreement kept on getting rejected for "defective child support languages". What should we do and how much you'll charge?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
We do not offer legal representation here. We only provide general legal information.
If you used completecase.com for generating the forms, have you contacted its customer service for assistance, for getting the correct language on the Separation Agreement?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes and they referred me to this additional paid service.

Thank you for the information. If the forms they generated are not being accepted by the Court, they should help you with getting the proper information or refund you the money you paid for the form.
How many pages does your agreement have?
Could you upload the page in question for me to take a look?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for offering to take a look. What's the best way to upload the multipage (about 10) document?

Contact customer service for assistance. I do not know how to upload documents to the site. unfortunately.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. I've contacted them but haven't heard back so far.

Oh, that is too bad.
While we are waiting, USLegalforms has sample Separation Agreement for New York with Child Support provisions. Take a look at the sample forms and compare them to the one that you have from "completecase" to see what is wrong with the "completecase" form. Let me know if that resolves your issue. Here is the link to the Separation Agreement forms:
http://secure.uslegalforms.com/cgi-bin/forms/search.pl?state=NY&query=Separation+Agreement+Minor+Children&field=anywhere
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately those samples cost quite a bit ...

I just have to give them another ring tomorrow and hopefully they'll get it back to me. They have some software issues that kind of reset my input as well ...

Okay. Please do not respond to this message until you have the information that I need to further answer your question. Otherwise, the system would prevent me from answering other questions on the site until I respond to you again, and on and on it goes... Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Somehow my credit card already got charged full amount. I thought it's supposed to be satisfaction guaranteed or am I wrong?

No, you are not wrong.
While your credit card has been charged to ask question on the site, the person answering your question is ONLY paid when you give a positive rating to the person's answer. I have not paid a cent for responding to your post as you have not rated my response and I was still waiting for additional information from you. Nonetheless, if you want a refund, you need to contact the site's Administrator for refund.
All the best,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I see. Thanks for your explanation.