Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
19958803

I live in missouri and am 68 years old (still working and NOT

I live in missouri and am 68 years old (still working and NOT retired). my company will lay me off shortly. they have offered a severance package. I was divorced 5 years and part of the divorce was to give my ex a monthly maintenance of $1200. is she entitled to any part of my severance package?
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
I was divorced 5 years and part of the divorce was to give my ex a monthly maintenance of $1200. is she entitled to any part of my severance package?
.
No, since this wasn't considered when the marriage was dissolved and the marital property settlement entered into, any severance would be your sole property and you wouldn't have to give ex any portion of it.
.
Now that doesn't affect the $1200 maintenance that you agreed to in the divorce though. But she doesn't have any claim to the severance.
.
.
Thanks
.