Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.

Is it true, in the state of Idaho, that if a mother knowingly

Is it true, in the state of Idaho, that if a mother knowingly allows her 15-yr-old daughter ( who just barely turned 16) to have sexual relations with a male in his twenties, not considered to be a crime of some sort. One would think it would be a case of child endangerment.

Outraged Sept-grandparent

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard

The age of sexual consent in Idaho is 18

Child endangerment can be an act or a failure to act. If the Mother is knowingly allow the child to have sex with a man, then it could be child endangerment as the law covers the child's mental, physical and emotional state after an incident that may be an endangerment to their wellbeing.

However, it is always up to the District Attorney to determine if they want to prosecute a crime or not

I suggest that the man can be reported for having sex and he could be criminal charged for statutory rape.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What I really need to know is, can the mother have charges filed against her? I feel she needs to be in jail.

I suggest that a police can be filed and it will be up to the police to determine if there is probable cause for an arrest or if they need to discuss the matter with the District Attorney before charges can be brought.

I suggest yes, they can.