Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

As pro se, should I speak in the 3rd person? When I go to court

As pro se, should I speak in the 3rd person? When I go to court and have the option to question my ex under oath, do I speak in the 3rd person or 1st. For example, do I say, "Did you ever email your former wife about this situation? or Did you ever email me about this situation?" I don't want to sound stupid. What is the correct protocol?

Roger : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Roger : There's no need to refer to yourself in the third person. You can ask questions in the first person.
Roger : Attorneys do this often. For example, if an attorney was told something by a witness outside of court, he/she could say "did you tell me before ______________?" It doesn't have to be in the third person.