GeorgetownLawyr
GeorgetownLawyr, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Experience: contested Divorces, custody disputes, Post dissolution modification, child support issues, adopti
46665915

i do not have a lawyer and neither does he. is it key to really

i do not have a lawyer and neither does he. is it key to really know my terminology law. i have been researching non stop. could i really have a shot at have majority time share.espically if he isnt able to maintain a stable residence thats a important key part to my case
Hi, again. since he doesn't have a lawyer either you are on equal ground, so the legal terminology is not as important. So familiarizing yourself in general would still help you. Stable residence would be a factor the court looks at. The court uses the best interests of the child standard in deciding issues related to children. Your job is to show the court how it is in the child's best interests to spend more time with you, even if temporarily until the father can become more stable. consistency and stability is key for children, so showing the court his unstable life would definitely work in your favor to getting the majority of the time with the child. Also, based on the concerns you have raised you may also want to ask the court that he have supervised visitation, since you do not know where he will have the child from one visit to the other potentially putting the child at risk. I hope this helps clarify. Thanks and best regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i see it fit to ask for supervised visits at least until he gets his life together..thank you

You're very welcome. Let me know how the case turns out for you. I wish you the best.