Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney

My ex and I have 50/50 week on and week off. My ex and I are

My ex and I have 50/50 week on and week off. My ex and I are friendly.

Ex is giving our 7 y/o son a prescription nasal spray that was prescribed to our 8 y/o son. My 7 y/o is having nose bleeds 2-3 times when I receive him back from being at his dads for the week. I have asked repeatedly in a nice way 1st of all why give the nasal spray. ex response is "well I'm just trying to off set any allergy issues." My response is the same well the doctor said 7 y/o doesn't need and therefore nasal spray is hard on the tissues hense the nose bleeds. Anyway. botXXXXX XXXXXne ex still doses nasal spray to my 7 y/o old and continued nose bleeds even at school. I hate the thought of going to lawyer over nasal spray but not sure of what to do?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Did you document the nose bleeds that your younger child has suffered?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes- starting keeping a record last week and took pictures.
Thank you for your follow up.

Since the other parent is simply ignoring your request to stop administering nose spray which was not prescribed to your younger child, the next step would be to contact your local family law attorney and to have your local attorney send a firm letter to the other parents advising the other parent to stop administering any prescription medication without proper prescription or to face legal action and sanctions.

If the parent doesn't stop, then the next step would be to have this issue addressed by the family court that has ordered child custody and also to potentially report such improper / dangerous action to the state child protective services for further investigation for any child abuse / endangerment.

I wish you the best of luck!