GeorgetownLawyr
GeorgetownLawyr, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Experience: contested Divorces, custody disputes, Post dissolution modification, child support issues, adopti
46665915

my ex is have relationship problems and like usual our 4 year

my ex is have relationship problems and like usual our 4 year old daughter gets caught in the crossfire. he has a number of restraining orders that have been lifted by his girlfriend and foster mother. we have trial coming up and i have already in the past hired 2 lawyers and i cant afford to put another one on my case. so i must be my own. my question is how do i go about exposes real truths in the courtroom such as the restraining orders?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for you to ask any additional questions you may have if you feel the question has not been answered, as my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service. Also, IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger, I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

What state are you in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i live in key west florida

Ok, thanks. To get in evidence in the trial I would recommend you familiarize yourself with the Florida rules of civil procedure so you can have a chance against his attorney, first of all.

To address your specific question: In order to get in the restraining orders in front of the court you need to make them a part of your trial exhibits. If the evidence you want to bring in is in the form of testimony, you need to list the people who will testify to the facts you want to bring in are listed on your witness list for trial. Here is a link to an example of how to prepare the trial exhibit list for another county in Florida but your county should not be much different:

http://www.fljud13.org/Portals/0/Forms/pdfs/genciv/ExhibitList.pdf

Please let me know if I did not address a question, as my goal is to give you excellent service. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law or whether you dislike the answer) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. If you feel I have not earned a positive rating, please give me a chance to do so. Keep in mind even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. We are not paid a salary here and positive ratings encourage experts to answer future questions. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just make sure you type: To Georgetown Lawyer on the subject line. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what is considered circumstance evidence?

i have recorded nearly ever phone call converstaion dealing with the drama surrounding his current and past situations. would this be submisable?

circumstantial evidence applies in criminal cases. For a civil case you would be dealing with what is called "hearsay." That is a statement made outside of court that you are trying to use to say it is true. This is why you have to have eye witness testimony. The witness can testify to what they have seen and heard. As to your recordings, you are not allowed to record a conversation in the state of Florida unless the other party was notified you were recording. It is illegal and you could be arrested for violating federal law. So it would not be admissible unless you told him before he started talking to you, that the conversation was being recorded. I hope this helps clarify. Thanks and kind regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

could my finance be a witness without the court thinking its a biest opinion?

Yes, of course. You are allowed to call anyone who is a witness to the facts. The judge will decide how much weight to put on the witnesses testimony and the judge decides how credible a witness is. Everyone calls biased witnesses, that is to be expected in litigation and that does not prevent you from having your fiance as a witness, not at all. I hope this helps clarify. Thanks in advance for a positive rating so that I may receive credit for my time and answers and I am still happy to reply to follow up at no extra charge after a rating. Thanks again and kind regards.
GeorgetownLawyr, Family Law Attorney
Experience: Experience: contested Divorces, custody disputes, Post dissolution modification, child support issues, adopti
Hi Brittany,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Let me know if there is anything further I can do for you. I am here to help.

Kind regards,
Lisa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No you did a great service to me. i went forward with a suplemental petition to modifiy our argeement and sent out numours of the same letter to his various residents being i do not kno where he luves for sure. i feel good that a posivtive outcome will surface from such a unfortunate situation.

I'm glad. I hope it goes your way. Let me know how it works out. Thanks and kindest regards.