Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

I am 66 years old. I do not own a house or car. I have no savings.

I rent a house with my sister, my nearest relative, from the title holder my nephew.

My question is, who is responsible for my credit card debt if I die.

Thank you for your question. My name is Ellen. I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Has anyone cosigned on your credit cards?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No.

Thank you for your response Peter.

None of your relatives would be liable for your credit card debt.

Upon your death the creditors would look to your estate for payment. Once the creditors realize that there are no assets in your estate, they will write off the debt

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What does an estate consist of?

An estate is property that you own at the time of your death that is titled in your name alone. For example a bank account, a house, a car, etc.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

How do I sign out?

Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for the positive rating. It has been my pleasure to work with you.

I am here to help. To speak with me again, simply place my name in the first sentence of your new question. If I cannot help you, I can direct you to someone who can.

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer , please consider providing me a 10 rating. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.

FiveStarLaw