Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Judicial Notice - Do I have to include a reason when filing

Judicial Notice - Do I have to include a reason when filing a Request for judicial notice?

Roger : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Roger : As you know, judicial notice is a rule in the law of evidence that allows a fact to be admitted into evidence if the truth of that fact is so well known that it cannot reasonably be doubted.
Roger : You would have to inform the court of the reason that you want court to take judicial notice of a certain matter.
Roger : Thus, there is a need to tell the court why you need the judge to grant your request of judicial notice.

So I want to judge to know my ex is a big fat liar. How do I communicate that? He has filed twice with court motions saying he does not know where I am living and that is completely false. Once was during our divorce and motion was withdrawn and the other was a verified motion last month and that was then withdrawn also. How would I word.. "Judge, I want you to recognize that my ex is a psyco liar and keeps filing false documents in the court to harass me."

Roger : Well, you can tell te judge that he has misrepresented the facts of the case and has misled the court.
Roger : You can put this into your motion.