Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.

My fiances ex husband continues to send her text messages

My fiance's ex husband continues to send her text messages that belittle her, put her down, causes anxiety, threatens taking her to court over child custody because he knows she does not have any more money for courts. What can we do to put an end to the mental abuse and harassment she is receiving?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Legally, if the text messages serve no legitimate purpose other than to annoy or harass, then she can file a complaint to the police for the illegal electronic harassment and she could also file a civil suit against him for harassment. However, filing civil suit against him will require she go to an attorney to file suit and that would be her recourse if the police will not pursue charges against him for the electronic harassment.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.