ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Scotty, she keeps threatening because there are some graphic

Scotty, she keeps threatening because there are some graphic texts and she has an attorney who wants to speak to my attorney which I don't have. I had mentioned I spoke to an attorney (you) and they want to speak to that person. I asked her if it's money she wants to make it go away and she said yes. That's the $40k I had mentioned.

ScottyMacEsq :

I doubt that she actually has an attorney. Again, this is clearly extortion, and any attorney that would be involved would be a party to that crime. If I were you, I would get her attorney information from her (if she'll even give it) and then verify it separately. That is, if she tells you "John Doe" and gives you a number, Google that "attorney" online and make certain that the attorney actually exists. I would be surprised if this is actually the case.

ScottyMacEsq :

This is extortion. It's not as though she's trying to get compensated for pain and suffering (if that were the case, you would have heard from her attorney, not her, in a demand letter). The fact that you have not heard from an "attorney" indicates to me that she does not HAVE an attorney, or if she does, that attorney is not participating in this scheme.

ScottyMacEsq :

Now I cannot actually call or talk to anyone on your behalf. I am not your lawyer, and no attorney-client relationship is formed through this site. I am prohibited from representing you per the terms of service on this site. Otherwise, I would have no problem talking with this "attorney". But I cannot.

ScottyMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck to you!

Customer:

She definitely won't give attorney name. She also said she would have her son meet me at my gate at airport for my flight from Charlotte to Austin

Customer:

She won't give me that info on attorney. She also said she would have her son meet me at airport for my flight from Charlotte to Austin.

I'm not surprised. Again, I would be shocked if she had an attorney that advised her that it's okay to do this. This is clearly extortion, and that "attorney" would at BEST be liable for malpractice, at worst be a co-conspirator in a crime.

Of course I can't suggest that you pay or not pay. But I personally wouldn't. You pay once, you're going to have to pay again. Extortioners always come back for more.