FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases

I was divorced in Hawaii in 1994. My question surrounds the

I was divorced in Hawaii in 1994. My question surrounds the Adult Child Support. My Divorce Decree reads as follows: PRE-SCHOOL, PRIVATE SCHOOL AND HIGHER EDUCATION. The parties shall jointly share the children's tuition for elementary school and high schools, and the Childrens' college tuition, room, board and books.
There is also language that i pay child support until the age of 23 years old provided the child is enrolled in a full time accredited college.
My question is this. Does my obligation for paying the college tuition end with his 4 year graduation from University? Or am i to pay for post graduate education also? I pretty sure my language is boiler plate for Hawaii at the time. This must have been tested or settled in the last 20 years. Please help
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

If child attends post-high school institution full-time then child support continues and is subject to termination upon the first to occur of: child no longer attending post-high school institution full-time; child graduating from post–high school institution; or, child attaining age 23 (even if child is still attending post-high school institution full-time). As such, once the child graduates after 4 years, your obligation would cease and you would not be required to pay for graduate school.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!