How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16580
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

3 months ago I found out my husband has been having affairs

This answer was rated:

3 months ago I found out my husband has been having affairs with numerous women in past 15 years and the very recent one...
How and what I need to do to separate from him? And can I get whole custody on my 3 little kids since his sole action led to breaking up a family? Can the local court ( Arapaho Court in Littleton, Colorado) order him to pay child support fee from his monthly pay check and his random sales commissions? Thank you.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry about your unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, filing for a divorce or legal separation can be legally complex process and it is always a good idea to consult and retain an experienced local family law attorney to represent you in the legal process and if you cannot afford a private family law attorney, you can apply for free legal service through a local legal aid society.

Child custody, is generally ordered to be joint, regardless as to the reasons for the legal separation / divorce, unless the court finds the other spouse to be unfit to be a parent and then the court would consider awarding sole custody to the parent who is legall fit to be a parent.

Also, the parent to whom the residential custody of munor children is awarded, would be entitled to collect child support from the other parent and also since you have been married for many years to your husband, you might be entitled to spousal support, providing your husband make significantly more money than you do.

You can find an experienced local family law attorney by using this well trusted and reliable attorney information / referral websites:

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.

Alex J. Esq. and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions