GeorgetownLawyr, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Experience: contested Divorces, custody disputes, Post dissolution modification, child support issues, adopti

I am a little behind on my child support, does my ex wife have

I am a little behind on my child support, does my ex wife have the right to with hold my visitation and contact with my children because of that.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for you to ask any additional questions you may have if you feel the question has not been answered. Also, IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger, I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

Never. Most court orders even state in it that lack of payment of child support is not a basis to prevent visitation. You will need to file a Motion for contempt against her and the court will hold her in contempt. You can also ask the court to give you make up time so that you get the time with the children that you were supposed to have. She should have filed a contempt motion against you for failing to pay but she can never prevent visitation on the grounds of non-payment of child support. I hope this helps clarify.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law or whether you dislike the answer) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. If you feel I have not earned a positive rating, please give me a chance to do so. Keep in mind even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. We are not paid a salary here and positive ratings encourage experts to answer future questions. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just make sure you type: To Georgetown Lawyer on the subject line. Thank you!