Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
19958803

My daughter is 18 years old and not going to high school if

My daughter is 18 years old and not going to high school if she were in school she would be in 9th grade for the 3rd year in a row. last year she missed 100 days of school. this year she is going to ged class once a week, do I still have to pay child support?
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Do you have a formal child support order from the court?
.
If so, what does your child support order say about when payments are to stop?
.
Does she suffer from any type of mental or physical impairment?
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It states at the age of 19 when she was suppose to graduate but due to her staying back for the 3rd year in a row she would not be 20-21 years old graduating so she decided to get her GED but only goes to class once a week, and no she has no learning impairments

Ok, under RI law, the court can order child support past a child's 18th birthday, but in no cases past 19.
.
Rhode Island General Laws
§ 15-5-16.2 Child support

(b) The court may, if in its discretion it deems it necessary or advisable, order child support and education costs for children attending high school at the time of their eighteenth (18th) birthday and for ninety (90) days after graduation, but in no case beyond their nineteenth (19th) birthday.
.
So the latest you would be obligated to pay support is her 19th birthday, whether she has graduated from high school or not.
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So I am assuming I would still have to pay even though she is not a full time student and only taking a ged class once a week!

Unfortunately, unless the order from the court states that it is a requirement that she has to be enrolled in high school in order for you to be obligated to pay, then the answer is yes..
.
.
Thanks