Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

I live in Georgia, I have two different kids by two different

I live in Georgia, I have two different kids by two different women that I'm not married to, the first mother currently lives with me but went and took out child support on me for our 10yr old child when I told her I have another 9 month old child, then I got a letter that read I will have to pay her $900 a month, -but since I also help take care my other child will the child support get divided between the two children if/when the other mother goes to take out child support, or will I have to still pay the first mother $900 a month, then the second mother extra on top of that-
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 11 months ago.
Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard

At this time, GA child support is based on a flat percentage of your Adjusted Gross Income.

Therefore any existing child support - such as this one you just got - would be considered as you can use that amount to deduct in coming to your AGI

And I suggest that you might want to consult with a local attorney to see how the $900 was derived since the child lives with you.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

This is what I really need to know(-will the $900 child support get divided between the two children if/when the other mother goes to take out child support, or will I have to still pay the first mother $900 a month, then the second mother extra on top of that-)

Hello

Each child is entitled to a certain amount of financial support from all parents.

Therefore, the $900 is owed to the first child because that Mother filed first. And so it the other Mother files, it would be based on your adjusted gross income and an ADDITIONAL Amount will be owed to that child.

So yes, you will pay the $900 plus whatever the other amount is, unless you go to court and get it reduced.

Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: General practice of law with emphasis in family law.