Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their family law questions and I'm experienced in family law litigation.
45002201

My grand childeren are now living her with myself and their

My grand childeren are now living her with myself and their daddy, mom is gone since last Friday, hiding , drugs! Last year we had the 2 grand kids for 6 months, mom got caught stealing (my jewelry ) and others, also now has a felony warrent out never went to court. She was pregnant at that time, baby was kept in hospital for 4-5 weeks, mom snorted percocets .. Back to today, mom is back on drugs no crack, a few times she went missing with the kids. The dad of kids found them and brought them here.
Will child protection services help us to keep mom away from the kids
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Chris T., JD :

Good evening. I'll be assisting you with your question.

Chris T., JD :

To answer your question directly, yes, CPS would likely assist you in gaining custody.

Chris T., JD :

CPS is there to investigate and ultimately answer one question: if the children are in physical or emotional danger if left with the children.

Chris T., JD :

Typically, drug use, especially in pregnancy, is a reason for CPS to become involved and take action.

Customer:

Good

Customer:

I'm sick just thinking what these girls went through

Chris T., JD :

However, that information will be presented to a judge, who will make the determination of whether the danger is sufficient to warrant removing the child from the home.

Customer:

Judge gave them back to her last year

Chris T., JD :

There is more evidence now, since she's back on drugs.

Chris T., JD :

The specifics matter a great deal, that is, how the drugs are impacting her life and her ability to care for the children.

Customer:

Her mom even text my son the night before and said she's going to call cps if we don't come and get them

Chris T., JD :

Judges are usually more willing to remove the children if they have a family member to live with, since it is much less traumatic for the children.

Customer:

They will be living with dad and myself. Grandma

Chris T., JD :

Judges can also remove them temporarily and give the parents to address whatever issues they may have, like rehab.

Chris T., JD :

The one things you can do is start keeping a list or diary of everything she's done that endangers the children, either physically or emotionally.

Customer:

We tried an intervention a few weeks ago but she said she not on anyhin

Chris T., JD :

If you want to make a report, you can do it here.

Chris T., JD :

It may not have, but if her parental rights are interrupted, that may get her attention.

Customer:

well I told her a few times she keeps this up I will call the police that has warrants Out on her and I will fight to keep the girls, so she really knows what's going to happen.

Chris T., JD :

At some point, you may have to take that step, especially if she's endangering the children.

Customer:

Yes .. We will be calling cps in the morning.

Chris T., JD :

I know that is a difficult step, but you have to do what you think is best for the children.

Customer:

yes thank you!

Chris T., JD :

Glad to help!

Chris T., JD :

Can I do anything else for you?

Customer:

No. I think. So stressed brain doesn't work!!!

Chris T., JD :

I understand!

Chris T., JD :

If there isn't anything else I can do for you, please remember to "Rate" my answer before you go. Good luck.

Customer:

Thanks for your excellent service!

Chris T., JD :

Also, if you have any questions in the future, you can direct them to me by posting a question at the end of this chat.

Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Experience: I have assisted many customers and clients with their family law questions and I'm experienced in family law litigation.